IV Sedation Before Oral Surgery
Oral Surgery Patient Instructions San Marcos CA
Please read the information below as you prepare for your oral surgery procedure. Please call our office if you have any questions: (760) 744-1919.
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear short sleeved or loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Cell phones are not allowed past the examination rooms. Cell phones can be left with your escort.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Oral Surgeon Dr. Wassel prior to your surgical date for instructions.