Oral Surgery Appointment San Marcos CA
Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation, where your diagnosis and treatment options are explained. Most often, surgery can be performed the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan will require an evaluation and a second appointment before providing treatment on another day.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your surgical referral slip and any radiographs (x-rays) if applicable. These are very important.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- If you have medical or dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation visit.
What to Know About Anesthesia
- A preoperative consultation and physical examination are mandatory for patients undergoing IV anesthesia for surgery.
- Please have nothing to eat or drink eight hours prior to your surgery.
- You will also need an adult to drive you home.
- Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medication (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, osteoporosis medications, etc.).
If your dentist has taken x-rays, you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional films are necessary, they can be taken at our facility.